Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Living life to the fullest

Last week, while I was sick, I read Tisha by Robert Specht.  Later, I looked the book up on the internet.  I found that many people said that it was similar to Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman.  I have not read Mrs. Mike, but I read an article about it, "The Story of My Life" by Peggy Orenstein.  Some quotes from the article:

"It's easy to congratulate yourself on your wisdom, your bravery when things are going well. The challenge is to trust in yourself, your work, your marriage, your gut, when they aren't. I'd thought...that seizing my destiny and finding true love would protect me from pain, bad luck, mistakes, failure....Those things aren't avoidable; they're actually the hallmark of a life richly lived."

"Here was this girl, very young, incapacitated—but willing to fall in love, really fall in love, passionately, without any care for anything else."

It seems to me that these quotes are about having the courage to live life to the fullest, even with all the pain it brings.  In the past few weeks, as I've been sick, I have not felt like living life to the fullest.  I have felt like curling up in a ball and hiding in a cave.  But now, as I start to feel a little better, once again I can find within me a streak of passion.

Sure, I'm still wishy-washy.  If you ask me what I'm passionate about, I'm not sure I could really answer that.  No, maybe I can. I'm passionate about family, friends, the outdoors, dance, rollerblading, music, boats, and the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment