Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer, please don't end

Usually in the week or two before a holiday, I start reviewing the ritual for that holiday.  Today I started to review the Lughnasadh ritual, and I recoiled in horror from the idea that summer will end.

Summer.  It's light outside when I wake up.  It's light outside when I get out of work.  After work, I sit on my  balcony.  If I want to, at night, I can sleep on my balcony.  I can wear clothes that allow freedom of movement.  I love the touch of the air upon my skin.  I love the feel of grass on my feet.  Every day I listen to crickets, watch the birds, gaze at the leaves, and see the rabbits.

I'm not ready for this to end. I know I still have some time left, but I don't see how I can ever be ready for this to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment