Monday, July 23, 2012

My druid path

I think druidry is a journey, not a destination.  It's not something you can learn or accomplish and then be done with.  It's a way of living in the world.

Druidry is different for each person, but in my personal druid path, druidry means:
  • To continually seek to grow in knowledge, skill, wisdom, and compassion.
  • To nurture others in their attempts to grow in knowledge, skill, wisdom, and compassion.
  • To cherish and learn from others.
  • To preserve and pass on the learning of my community.
  • To foster positive relations between people.  
  • To care for the earth.  
  • To learn to live more sustainably.
  • To help my community live more sustainably.
  • To spend time outdoors, listening to nature.
  • To learn about trees.
  • To study Celtic and druid history, tradition, and ritual.
  • To seek spiritual grounding through meditation, ritual, time in nature, music, and dance.
  • To develop in both rational and artistic areas.
  • To develop my skills in music and dance.
  • To use music and dance to foster positive relations between people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment