Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The King Who Rained



When I was a kid, we had a book called The King Who Rained about what a kid pictures when she hears the things her parents say.  I still think that way.  

An applicant to a graduate program was talking about waiving the GRE.  I imagined holding his GRE scores in my hand and waving them around.

My grandmother was telling me that despite my being middle aged, there's still hope that I could some day get married.  She said, "there are still a lot of men floating around."  I imagined a herd of men floating in the sky, a bit like the above picture, but without the rain, crown, and robe.  When my grandmother told me this, I was looking at the crabapple trees, so I imagined these men floating somewhere slightly above the crabapple trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment