Friday, January 18, 2013

Music, color and Celtic knots

With the gift certificate I got for Christmas, I ordered some druid books, specifically, some books for the AODA Second Degree curriculum.  And I ordered something else: Celtic Knotwork Stained Glass Coloring Book by A.G. Smith, as well as a set of oil pastels.

The package arrived, and I have been coloring my Celtic knots.  It's like learning to play songs on the ukulele.

Music is so beautifully complex I can't grasp all there is to it, but when I memorize a song on the ukulele, I come to know more about its patterns.

Celtic knots are so beautifully complex, I can't grasp all there is to them, but when I color them, I come to know more about their patterns.

At work, I'm mostly writing emails.  At work, my life is filled with words.  It's good when I get home from work, to be immersed in languages other than words, to enter worlds of notes, rhythms, movement, color, lines, and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment