Friday, January 4, 2013

I love music and dance

I love music.

I love dance.

I love dill havarti cheese.

I love listening to music by Beggar Folk.  The soaring vocals give me chills.

I love practicing the ukulele, and all that I learn about music when I do so.

Did you know that Amazing Grace is in 3/4 time? And that beats one and two are a half note which corresponds to one syllable of the lyrics. Beat 3 also corresponds to one syllable, but it may include more than one note.

I love dancing freely, my body giving expression to the music.

And I love learning prescribed steps, and what it teaches me about music, same as practicing the ukulele teaches me.

I love moving in sync with other people.  Together we create moving pictures on the floor, like the ones marching bands create on fields.

I love the way I feel so free and joyful when my body loosens to dance.

I love the way I feel so free and joyful when my body loosens to sing.

The Beggar Folk sing:  "the soul inside me seems to soar when music finds me."  And so does my soul soar, when music fills my veins and moves me to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment