Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's not just the internet -- the natural world is rich too

Ten days ago in my post Overload, I was thinking about how's there's so much information out there on the internet that our attention spans have shrunk.  We just skim the headlines because we don't have time to read all the articles.

But you know, even without the internet, the world is so full of stuff that we can't take it all in.  We walk by nature every day and we don't notice the details.  I was looking at a baby tree yesterday, just some twigs poking out of the ground.  It looked like some sort of maple or ash, but I didn't know any more than that! I look at maple and ash trees every single day normally.  I should know their twigs by now!

I hereby resolve to look at the twigs of maple and ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment