Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting older and wiser

When I was in college, and for a number of years after college, when I went out in the world, I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, didn't know how to do things, and I thought it was because I was too young.  Then as the years went on, I would hear about people who were younger than I was doing things that I was not up to doing.  It made me feel inadequate. I felt like I was supposed to grow up to be able to do that, but I failed to do so.

Now that I'm older, sometimes I look at it differently.  Sometimes I look at people younger than I am doing things, and I realize, that's not who I am.  It's not a matter of my failure to develop in that way.  It's that I have one path and they have a different path.

No comments:

Post a Comment