Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sky

Sky
Flying soaring freedom
Home of eagle, home of hawk

Sky
Blue tranquil deep
Serene

Sky
Raindrops, teardrops.

Where does sky begin?
The air around me, invisible,
Caressing my cheek
That's not sky
But the air goes up and up forever
Until it becomes sky

When does it become sky?
When it turns from invisible to blue.
It's not really blue.
It just looks that way to us.
It's all an illusion.
It's all a matter of point of view.

We always say that the color of the sky is blue.
I look above and I don't see blue.
I see gray.
The sky is gray.
That is not sky.
That is clouds.
Clouds floating in the sky.
Clouds blocking the view of blue.
Clouds between me and the sky.

Where is the sky?
Are the clouds in the sky?
Or is the sky the blue behind the clouds?
It's all just a point of view.

Sky
Dark, forbidding.
Thunderclouds.
Lightning strikes.
Hail hammers.
Tornadoes destroy.

Sky
Stars twinkle.
Moon shines.

Sky
Golden sunlight dazzles.

Sky
The air around us
Reaches up
Touches treetops
On to mountaintops
Reaches the moon
The sun
The planets
The stars
The universe
Vast
Infinite
Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment