Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Contentment

Simple pleasures.  Seeing the exquisiteness of this moment.  Sipping herb tea.  Listening to music, beautiful music that fits my mood perfectly.

I got this CD years ago.  There was a radio show I listened to.  I liked the music I heard on that show. I did not hear that kind of music anywhere else.  I wanted to hear more of it.  So I bought the CD.  At the time, it was just a radio show.  Now the host of that radio show is my best friend.  Listening to the CD, I remember that when I bought it, I had no inkling of the friendship in my future.

And a year ago, I had no inkling of what my life would be like today.  In the past year, I have joined two groups, and in both groups, I have found a wealth of lovely people.

Today I had lunch with a friend.  We've been friends for 12 years.  Tonight, I helped another friend with a Christmas gift for his mother.  And I made plans with a third friend.

At the end of December, I will visit my family.  I will see my new baby niece for the first time.  I will see my parents, who have always been there for me all my life.

I am so exquisitely blessed to have these people in my life.  May I always cherish and nurture these friendships.

And I am also exquisitely blessed to have peace and solitude, time to sip herb tea, listen to music, and realize how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment