Friday, August 10, 2012

Blossoming

Two days ago, I went somewhere two hours away, so round trip, I had four hours in the car.  I had a great time.  Not that it's good to be using all that fossil fuel, but it was a scenic drive, lots of trees and mountains, and I had tapes for my car's tape deck.  I sang along with gusto.

Several songs were about the dawning of joy.  They told of someone filled with hope at the prospect of a romance.

From "If We Try"

I don't know if it will work out right
But somehow I think that it just might

From "Every Day"

Every day, it's a getting closer
Going faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way

Now blossoming romance is not my situation in life, but I truly felt the spirit of those songs.  Because romance is not all that blossoms.  In my life, health, music, dance, friends, and community are blossoming.  I feel that joy of wonderful things starting to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment