Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dreams

In my dream just before I woke up this morning, my friends were in a band and sat down to play.  I sat down to watch them, because I was the only one in the group of friends without musical ability.  But it turned out there was another person.  I did not know him before, but he was in the same circle of friends. He too was watching, sitting next to me.  There was a cat on my lap.  I was petting the cat.  After a while, I gave the cat to him.  And we touched each other and fell in love. I put my hand out and he took it and held my hand.  I felt enveloped in warmth and love.

It's something that is missing from my life, and maybe creating it in my imagination can help give me a centeredness that will help me get through.  It's not romance necessarily that I need.  It's being accepted, valued, loved, and secure.

I got up, used the computer, had breakfeast (including caffeine tea), and then fell asleep.  Weekends I often fall asleep right after caffeine, as well as right after breakfast.

This time I slept in the living room.  The living room windows are on the east side and it was morning, so I slept in a patch of warm sun.  Groggily, I thought, "It's late enough in the day that when I wake up, I can put on my pajamas."  Then I woke up enough to realize that 1) it was morning, and 2) I was still wearing pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment