Sunday, March 10, 2013

Following the call of the soul

In her post "Slowing down, again, more," Nimue Brown writes "T Thorn Coyle explores the importance of desire, of following the calling of your soul."  That's what I loved about going on the walk today.  I was following the calling of my soul.  I saw things that called to me, so I drew closer to them.

She goes on to say, "I’m so used to pushing my body to exhaustion and beyond."  Yes, that's what I have to do every single day.  I can't live if I don't.  For my survival I depend on income from a job that demands more energy than I have, so I have to keep pushing myself past exhaustion.

And then I go home, and I have to prepare food and wash dishes and get groceries and do laundry and pay bills.  My body says no, but I have to do it.

So that's what my life is every day.  Pushing  my body.

When I get to follow the call of my soul, those are rare and precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment