Radio show. Time bank. Morris dance. My activities for the past two years. Feeling like it's too much. Not wanting to let go of any of them.
Each one fills a different niche. They complement each other.
But instead of thinking of what I value about them, I think about what I could do if I opened up more time in my life.
The radio show will be the first to go. The Morris dance might have to go too. The time bank is staying.
What I want to do:
- Dance and movement: tai chi, Nia, free dance, learn various kinds of dance.
- Music: learn to play musical instruments and sing.
- Spend time outdoors: sit on my balcony, go for walks, possibly snowshoeing, kayaking, and cross country skiing. Sit on rocks beside the ocean.
- Be part of a community with people who share my values: time bank, transition group, UU congregation, and food co-op.
- Spend time with family, especially my niece and nephew because they are little, and I think when people are little, we need to see them more often, because time is different for them.
- Read, write, compile photos, etc.
- In addition to having free time to read, write, and compile whatever I feel like doing at the time. I also want to accomplish some things. I want to write three books: one on my family history, one that is my autobiography, and one that is a compilation of nature photos showing the changing of the seasons.
- Live in a solar house.
- Spiritual: meditation, ritual, Dances of Universal Peace, tai chi, OBOD, UU, time outdoors.
- I do not like doing chores, but I want to have a system in place so that without too much effort, I can get things taken care of with regard to food, clothing, finances, housing, transportation, and health. I want my home to be a spiritual refuge, free of clutter and decorated in a way that I like.
- I want to have sufficient financial resources to maintain food, clothing, finances, housing, transportation, and health. This presumably will require a job.
- Focus on integrity and quality rather than on profit-seeking.
- Comfortable environment, including free of bullying, and able to dress comfortably.
- Work that is not unpleasant to do.
- Work that does not go against my values.
My immediate concern is that the summer is slipping by, and I want to spend more time outdoors before it goes. I can think of two ways to do that. One is to go to a Labor Day weekend event that is happening around here that involves camping out. The other is to take some vacation time and spend it going to the ocean.