Today I did laundry and got groceries and went for a walk. It has been a long time since I went for a walk. Was the last time when my aunt visited in June? When was the last time I went for a walk on my own? I think I remember one in the winter. Any since then? I used to go for walks every week.
The weather was superb today. It will rain Sunday and Monday, so it's good I got my walk in, and that I have indoor chores to work on in the coming days.
I had been stressed out about my situation. Stressed out about:
- I have to get a new job but I don't know what kind of job to get.
- I have to get a new job but I never have time for jobhunting.
- Even if I did apply for jobs, I wouldn't get them, so I'm stuck with my job, and my job bugs me. It bugs me that the past few months there are people implying that I don't work hard, don't know what I'm doing, and don't work efficiently.
- I need more free time, because I need more time for chores, walks, sleeping, cooking, etc. But in order to get more free time, I would have to quit one of my activities, and I don't want to.
Today I read some job postings. Today I felt like I had a plan. I'm going to apply for registrar jobs. It think I can be comfortable earning a living that way. Meanwhile, what seems really interesting is oral history. I'm going to apply for an oral history job, but that's a long shot. What I'm also going to try to do is volunteer to do oral history. Working as a registrar and volunteering to do oral history. That's a plan I can live with. In my imagination, I get the registrar job here in the city where I live now. Of course it's not so simple. But when I imagine that, it seems like there's a future that would be okay for me. Yesterday, I don't think I could see a future that would be okay.
So my to do list for tomorrow and Monday:
- Apply for the jobs I found posted today.
- Check for more postings.
- Looking into oral history volunteering.
- Pay bills.
- Financial management. Figure out budget, and how to move accounts around.
- Sort clutter.
- Clean house.
- Iron clothes.
There are also several other things, but those are the main things.
Today, I hung laundry on the porch.
Today it was very windy.
Usually I hang some things on hangers and some with clothespins.
Today was too windy for hangers.
Today was so windy that the two things hanging on my porch fell down -- a plant, and a decorative thing.
Today was sunny, warm, not to hot. Blue sky. Glittering sunshine. A superb day.
When I was a kid, teeanger, and young adult, on days like today, I wanted to be in the woods or at the ocean, but I could not go because I had not car, and the people I lived with did not want to take me.
Now I have a car. Today I drove to a park by a river, and took a walk and saw the sunlight shimmering on the river.
A good day.