It's good to know this. The book also talks about how the despair is part of the journey, and if we continue through the despair, we can find a better life.
After getting the diagnosis, we may feel anger:
- "Why did everyone...blame my difficulties on depression, lack of motivation, or poor character?"
- "Why didn't someone believe in me?"
- "Why did everybody assume the worst?"
- "Why was I misunderstood and reprimanded when I was trying my heart out?"
- "Why did all those mental health professionals pretend to know more than they did?"