Friday, March 4, 2016

We need education

With what's going on with the presidential primaries, what strikes me is how ignorant people are.  We need education.  We need people who know how to be critical thinkers.  We people to recognize the way that certain kinds of rhetoric is used to get people's attention, but that just because our instincts are aroused by this rhetoric doesn't mean we have to respond.  We can pause and think about what is really going on. 

For kids, education happens in schools and camps.  Adults learn by way of media, whether it's Facebook, web sites, books, radio, TV, movies, etc. 

I don't like to be told what to do, and I don't like to tell other people what to do or what to think.  But I want to be a part of getting the information out there, exposing people to ideas, so they can make up their own minds. 

Yes it's true that there's a certain presidential candidate that I think would  not be so popular if people were better thinkers.  But I want people to be thinkers, regardless of who they support.  When I see people making ignorant statements in opposition to said presidential candidate, that's wrong too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment