Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ancestors

I remember 3 of my great-grandparents.  I don't remember any of my great-great grandparents, though I did meet one when I was an infant.  I had 16 great-great grandparents.  Who were they? Looking into it, I find:

  1. Charles of Blandford
  2. Ellen of Blandford
  3. Merrill of Tolland
  4. Lurancy of Stafford
  5. John of Ireland
  6. Bridget of Ireland
  7. Thomas of East Windsor
  8. Catherine of Rockville 
  9. James, possibly of Indiana County PA
  10. Nancy of Harford
  11. Joseph of Pittsburgh
  12. Elizabeth of Indiana County, PA
  13. Melvin of Winthrop
  14. Lettie of Maine, maybe Fairfield
  15. Fannie of Limerick
  16. George of Hollis
There they are.  Just four generations ago.  It is only thanks to all of them that I exist, and yet I know so little of them.  I've heard stories about a few of them, and I have photos of a few of them, but so much has been forgotten.  They had lives, full of joys and sorrows.  They pursued their dreams.  And, a few generations later, most of their stories are lost.  I've collected and preserved the stories of them that I could find.  I hope to continue to collect and pass on stories of my ancestors, that they not be forgotten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment