Thursday, September 7, 2006

How did mono affect me?

I've noted mono and the surrounding circumstances affecting me in the following ways:
  • Remembering that I enjoy quiet time at home reading.
  • Learning to pace myself better, to pursue restful activities and let go of dreams of strenuous activities.
  • I don't want to waste my time on fair weather friends.
  • Mostly I'm too tired to go out, so it's not like I could hang out with fair weather friends anyhow.
  • I would like to say it has given me greater compassion for sick people, but it's easy to forget what it was like to be sick. It's easy to be selfish, to feel sorry for myself when I'm sick, but to be too busy with my own stuff to be concerned about others who are sick.
  • I find contentment and satisfaction in my solitary and sedentary pursuits. That seems like enough. Joy and fun have been so rare that mostly I forget that they exist. I made a photo album to remind me of what fun was like. Maybe it would be better not to remind myself of what I'm missing. Most of the time, I don't feel anything missing in contentment and satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment