Friday, October 16, 2015

Aging and decline

 Getting older means my health problems will only get worse.  Getting older means the health problems of those around me will only get worse.  Getting older means more and more of my loved ones will die.

I'm already failing to help my family members the way that I should.  Their needs will only grow greater, so my failure will also grow greater.  I don't have it in me to give what they need.

I don't have it in me to take of myself even.  And I will only grow sicker.

There's one person I can talk to.  Having a friend gives me a sense of stability and sanity.  He is older and sicker than I am.  He does not plan to outlive me.  What will I do without him?

I hear of people with such scary health problems.  How will I cope when I encounter such problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment