Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Names to meditate on

I read in Lives of the Trees: An Uncommon History by Diana Wells that there are two kinds of almonds: sweet (dulcis) and bitter (amara).  The word amara jumped out at me.  I like the sound of it.  I thought it would make a good meditation theme, imagining someone named Amara, someone who has a tartness to her which gives her strength.  I like a lot of names, many of them botanically oriented.  It would be interesting to meditate on each.  I think each one represents strengths I want to draw out in myself.  These names could include the ones I use for this blog:

Terra
Maple
Forester

and also

Amara
Samara
Sage
Juniper
Hannah
Joy
Sierra
Marguerite
Evergreen
Jade
Mariner
Beacon
Haven
Sky
Sunflower
Sunlight
Cedar
Holly
Hazel
Ivy
Oak
Rowan
Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment