Friday, March 16, 2012

In darkness and in solitude, I dance

Since I became a druid, I've come to love darkness and solitude. I came to love darkness the first winter I did meditation. In winter, when I do meditation, I sit in darkness. The darkness envelops me. At the end of a day of harried exasperation, the stillness of dark soothes me.

And in solitude, I am free. Free of the demands of others. Free of being misunderstood. Free of arguments and loud voices. Free of advice-givers.

In darkness and in solitude, I play some music on the CD player. In solitude, I don't have to worry about anyone else's preferences. I choose the music that I most want to hear at that moment. I choose the music that soothes my soul at that moment. I adjust the volume to exactly what I want. I move. I dance. I dance to give expression to the music. I dance to give expression to my soul. No one is there to tell me I'm not doing the right steps. No one is there to tell me I'm not adhering to the beat. No one is there to see how dorky I look.

In darkness and in solitude, I dance. Sometimes I dance to Joe Crookston singing "still my soul feels heavenly bound." Whether I dance to that song or another, when I dance, my soul soars heavenly bound.

In darkness and in solitude, I find an enclave of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment