Monday, August 3, 2009

Complaining about people

Last week, I was with some people and felt alienated from them. I felt I did not share their values. In subsequent days, I shared this experience with two other people. It made me feel better to have them affirm my experience, to have them tell me that they shared my values, that it was okay that my values did not match those of the first people.

It doesn't seem right that I like to complain about people.

It doesn't seem right that I always seek affirmation of who I am.

It's like I'm an ostrich burying my head in the sand, trying to surround myself by people who tell me that my way is right.

Shouldn't I be more open to diverse views? Shouldn't I be open to people who tell me that my way of looking at things is wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment